12.11.2017

watching them grow up.






looking at him,
he's just 1 year old 
and his cheeks still hold 
part of that cute baby fat.
his thighs are still huge,
he's the chunky monkey in the house.
 i just look at him
as he's lookin down
trying to figure out his toys,
his simplicity, his adorableness.
i just know that i'm going to miss those chubby cheeks
and baby giggles. 
so i just watch him, 
trying to impress that perfect image 
into my brain, so it'll be
stuck in my head forever and I'll always remember
what he was like. 

but then as time goes on,
that image starts to fade. 
we can't stop it,
just like I tried to remember what 
my little sister was like when she was that old.
this 1 year old is loud, and constant, and 
has the most energy I've ever seen.
but he is also the most precious
he gives hugs and pats and kisses.
He can make us laugh when we need it most.
his smiles make the room light up.
so I just spend as much time as I can
with my little baby brother,
because he's growing up
and one day, I'm not going to
remember much of how he was.
i'm not going to remember the little things, 
so i just snap away pictures and write away details while he's playing
spending mornings lovin on him
with his bed hair and sleepy breath.
and it's truly like this with all of them
i love them more then i could ever tell
and want to see them all happy.
so i just keep on loving on them, teaching them tricks and tips
and remember it's all. worth. it. 



something that's happening right now. (they're all growing up) <333

8 comments: